Marketing Services & Media Relations at Yavapai College
Charged with the overall marketing and promotion of the College, we do this through multiple communication vehicles and by working in partnership with faculty and staff.
We offer several services to the college community, and we're only a phone call or e-mail away.
- Assistance with writing a news release (emphasis on news) through its distribution.
- Design services for flyers and brochures via the use of a Marketing Request Form, available via myYC portal
- Offer a branded toolkit (available through myYC portal) to create marketing materials for your own program or department.
If you are seeking staff or faculty interviews, quotes, stories, background information, or questions related to Yavapai College, please contact us.
Marketing & Communications Director
- Mike Lange
- Office: (928) 776-2067
Request a Highlight slide or news release for the Yavapai College Homepage or a brief message for the electronic marquee at the entrance to the Prescott campus
Please go to the online
MessageHub page at http://www.yc.edu/messagehub.
- If you have permission to submit, your login and password will take you to the message hub. If not, contact the Dean of your department to get added to the list for those who are approved to submit messages.
- Once you are at the message hub screen, click on the Create a Message link and follow the prompts. Enter information in all the fields and add any special requests or notes that you feel are necessary for distribution.
- Please allow adequate time (one to three days) for processing your requests.
Can I write and post my own news release?
Because this office is responsible for Yavapai College's media relations, all contact with the media must be coordinated through the Marketing and Communications Department at YC.
The Communications Director is available to assist you with researching and writing a news release or news item for your program or event. It will help to speed the production of your release if you compile in advance the pertinent information (who, what, where, when, why, and how), along with any publicity photos that you may have.
While it is possible for you to draft the content of your own news release, it must then be shared with the Communications Director for review, needed editing, and distribution to the media. This procedure works well because this office has established contacts with journalists and an up-to-date media list to maximize exposure.
Have questions? Please feel free to contact Marketing and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I Need a Printed Brochure, Flyer, Postcard, etc.
Yavapai College's Design Services is here to help. To initiate a design project, the design team needs a marketing request form or "MRF" (available in myYC portal) that details the project specifications and allows them to schedule and track it.
- FTSE-generating publications
- All published advertising
- Class schedules
- Commencement programs
- General brochures
- General Catalog
- Grant proposal charts and graphs
- Professional Development AMA tabs
- Program brochures and flyers
- Registration and marketing campaigns
- Student handbook/planner